Qualified ACCA Accountant with experience in small practice and multinational sector.
My candidate started out her accounting career in small practice as a trainee accountant before moving on to become an Audit Senior. Since leaving this position the candidate has been focused on industry roles working in shared service centres and multinational organisations which have given her exceptional experience.
Experienced in conducting general ledger accounts preparation and audit for an array of clients. Her experience includes monthly, quarterly and year end reporting cycle, statutory compliance, financial reports, SOX compliance, profit & loss and balance sheet analysis.
Comes across as extremely competent and has excellent inter-personal skills. Immediately available for interview and to commence employment
Education & Professional Qualifications
Association of Chartered Certified Accountant
Dublin Business School, Dublin
Accounting Technicians Ireland
Irish College - Confidential
Intermediate & Leaving Certificate
Accounting and Tax Software: Oracle | Hyperion | GL Reconciliation Tool (GRT | Onesource (Taxstream)
Operating Systems & Applications: Windows | Microsoft Word | Microsoft Excel
Confidential Employer (Construction)
Jan 2016 - May 2016 (Contract)
• Month end process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
• Provide assistance to Business Process Outsourcing Providers
• Ensure that Business Process Outsourcing Providers procedures are kept up to date
• Liaise with external auditors on the annual statutory accounts
• Preparation and submission of CSO returns
Employer Confidential (Healthcare Shared Service Centre)
Business Process Compliance (BPC) Accountant
May 2015 – November 2015
• Delivery of the alignment and implementation of internal controls.
• Self-assessment and testing of internal controls.
• Identification and remediation of control gaps.
• Supporting the implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Control owner awareness training of internal controls and ensuring delivery of sustainable control environment.
• Develop and present management compliance results to senior management
Employer Confidential (Multinational Manufacturing Company)
July 2014 – May 2015
Responsible for functional and supplemental reporting for a number of entities, duties include;
• Preparation of journal entries for relevant ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Navision).
• Month end submission of trial balance and analytics to corporate consolidation reporting system.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, including analysis.
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Provide support and working papers for quarterly and year end audit by external auditors.
Employer Confidential (Multinational Manufacturing Company)
October 2007 – April 2013
Multi-brand commercial products manufacturer serving customers in diverse global markets.
• Ownership of monthly, quarterly and year end corporate reporting deadlines for multiple legal entities (Ireland, UK, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Luxembourg).
• Processing of invoices, multicurrency bank transactions, cash forecasting, journals entries and SOX reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Processing of intercompany accounts including the maintenance of intercompany loan grids.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year end tax provisions for management accounts and update corporate tax system (Onesource) with tax provision, payment and refund.
• Preparation of statutory audit files, liaising with auditors and driving deadline for the completion of statutory audits.
• Liaising with tax advisors and driving deadline for the completion of annual tax returns.
• Participate in SOX and internal audit testing.
• Liaising with third parties such as Revenue Commissioners and Central Statistics Office.
• Instrumental in the successful management and seamless transfer of month end processes for 12 legal entities from the US to Dublin office.
Employer Confidential (Practice), Dublin
July 2005 – October 2007
General ledger accounting, audit and statutory financial statements for multiple accounts owned by sole traders, professional services, small and medium sized business in manufacturing, retail, and hospitality industries.
• Processed computerised and manually recorded data to complete audit and general ledger accounts preparation, assisted clients with implementing improvement to general ledger processes.
• Comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations, analytical review of income and expenditure.
• In charge of preparation and timely filing of corporation tax, Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Pay Related
• Social Insurance (PRSI), Value Added Tax (VAT) returns and maintenance of tax records.
• Owned the audit process from start to finish, establishing budgets, timelines and scope of audit, in addition to meeting with clients to review and finalise accounts.
• Designated as the primary point of contact for a number of clients, addressed third party queries relating to taxation, company secretarial and other matters on their behalf.
• Trained and evaluated the work of junior staff.
Client Portfolios (Up to €100 million approx)
Manufacturing and Retail, Private College, Television Production and Magazine Publication, Solicitors, Property Development, Engineers, Architects, Public House, Partnership accounts & Non profit organisation.
Employer Confidential (Small practice), Dublin
Trainee Accountant / Audit Senior
November 2000 – March 2005
• Responsible for preparing general ledger accounts, audit files and draft statutory financial statements for a number sole traders and clients in the small to medium size business sector.
• Reconciliation of all balance sheet items and analysis of income and expenditure.
• General accounts preparation.
• Management accounts.
• Analytical review of income and expenditure accounts.
• Bank reconciliation.
• Debtors and creditors reconciliation.
• Prepayments and accruals.
• Attended stock take and prepare stock control accounts.
• VAT control accounts and reconciliation, Bi monthly VAT 3 returns.
• Wages summaries and reconciliation.
• PAYE/PRSI control account and reconciliation.
• Fixed assets schedule and calculation of depreciation.
• Lease and hire purchase schedules and interest calculation.
• Reviewed and reconciled related parties accounts.
• Corporation tax computations.
• Liaised with clients on audit queries.
• Preparation of audit files and drafting of financial statements.
• Draft audit letters such as letters of representation and weakness