My candidate is a Big 4 trained, newly qualified accountant who is looking to secure his first industry role having finished his training contract in October 2016.
During his time as a trainee accountant with a Big 4 accountancy firm, my candidate gained valuable audit and business experience in the Investment Management, Insurance, & Aircraft Leasing Industries. They went on secondment in a Large Multinational Investment Bank analysing fund transactions and summarising findings over certain thresholds to aid monitoring of daily transactions while the client completed an automated solution for the funds in question
Has experience in the preparation and critical review of statutory accounts to ensure they fully met company law and financial reporting requirements under US GAAP, IFRS & FRS102/101. Currently on secondment through the Big 4 to a multinational bank in London, returns to Ireland 5th December.
Ideally candidate would like a contract position for their first move into industry.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants 2016
Michael Smurfit Business School Blackrock Sep 2012 – Sep 2013
Masters of Accounting
Modules Included: Taxation (A+), Audit (B+), Finance (B+)
University College Dublin Sep 2009 – June 2012
Bcomm- Second class honours, Grade 1
Modules Included: Taxation (B+), Management Accounting (A+), Financial Accounting (B)
Skerries Community College Sep 2003 – June 2009
Leaving Certificate: 485 points.
Confidential (Big 4) October 2016 – December 5th 2016
The candidate is currently on secondment in London with a multinational bank through the Big 4.
Confidential (Big 4) Oct 2013 – Oct 2016
• Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level and present a favourable impression of the firm.
• Resolution of accounting/technical issues raised by clients.
• Ensuring members of the audit team communicate, interact and collaborate effectively.¬
• Act with objectivity, independence and integrity at all times.
• Keep up-to-date with any changes or planned changes to accounting standards, or other pronouncements and understand their impact upon the audit strategy.
• Understand, evaluate and test the design and operation of accounting and internal control systems, offering recommendation for any weaknesses noted.
• Provide on-the-job training /assistance to junior members of staff.
• Delegate appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format.
• Provide timely feedback to partner / manager in relation to ongoing job performance with a view to avoiding surprises.
• Prepare and critically review statutory accounts to ensure they fully meet company law and financial reporting requirements under US GAAP, IFRS & FRS102/101.
During his time as a trainee accountant with the Big 4, the candidate gained valuable audit and business experience in the Investment Management, Insurance, & Aircraft Leasing Industries. Outlined below are descriptions of some of the audit assignments for which he was allocated the role of audit senior
Description Industry Turnover
Subsidiary of a US Listed Company Company focuses on supporting and managing an existing book of variable annuities (Investment and retirement products) for a UK & Irish Customer base €254m
Subsidiary of a US Listed Company A private equity fund which deals in a wide range of commodity and derivative products €700m
Irish listed Company A private equity fund which deals in a wide range of commodity and derivative products
Various small-middle sized entities. I worked on various audits within the financial services field including Funds, Insurance, SPV’s and Aircraft Leasing. €20 > €180m
Secondment Large Multinational Investment Bank
(Investment Management Industry - Group turnover $15bn)
• Audit Trainee working on secondment in Large Multinational Investment Bank analysing fund transactions and summarising findings over certain thresholds to aid monitoring of daily transactions while the client completed an automated solution for the funds in question.(April 14-Oct 14)