Contracting in Ireland
Irish PAYE contractor

Emergency tax and tax credits

It is important to ensure that your tax is dealt with properly from the start of your contract and the right amount of tax is deducted from your pay. To ensure this happens, you will need to do two things:

  • Provide your PPS Number
  • Provide your most recent P45 Form or Certificate of Tax Credits 


Q. I have a PPS number but I haven’t received my P45 from my previous employer (or I haven’t worked in Ireland this year) – what should I do?

If you haven’t received your P45 from your previous employer or you haven’t worked in Ireland for this tax year, it is your responsibility to do the following asap:

  • Contact the Revenue Office on 1890 333 425
  • Give them your PPS number and quote our employer number 8252320U
  • Let them know your start date with Hays/Accenture As soon as you have your P45, please email or post this to your Hays representative.