Lead Software Engineer, develops and maintains modern, enterprise-level microservices
If you are an experienced developer with a passion for real-time communications, this may be the perfect opportunity for you! As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work within an agile team that develops and maintains modern, enterprise-level microservices. You will be responsible for estimating assigned work, designing scalable solutions to complex problems, and developing an expanding cloud-based microservice platform.
- Participate in the design and architecture.
- Write well-designed, testable efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Defining and implementing a scalable architecture
- Collaborating with other developers across teams to design, develop, and implement scalable, RESTful, multi-tenant services using Node.js.
- Utilise Kafka, Lambda, Docker and other AWS tools.
- Configuring logging, alerting, and other observability systems to monitor and troubleshoot production systems.
- Writing unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience doing backend development with Node.js.
- Experience with real-time communication: WebRTC, RTP, SIP
- Experience with relational databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with best practices around microservices and distributed multi-tenant systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Asterisk
- Experience with AWS: S3, ElasticSearch, Aurora, DynamoDB
- Experience with build pipelines: Docker, Kubernetes, Bash
- Experience with test-driven development: Mocha, Chai, Sinon
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
I am a Principal consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent.