Health & Safety Officer required for leading market-leading refrigeration manufacturer.
Your new company
One of the largest manufacturer and supplier of refrigeration, Air Conditioning, HVAC and catering equipment across the entire island of Ireland. They provide reactive services, planned preventative maintenance and installation of equipment to a wide customer base across retail, healthcare, educational and industrial sectors. The role of Health & Safety Officer is to be based in their Ashbourne office, but travel throughout Ireland may also be involved regularly. This role is to support the day-to-day management and all aspects of Health & Safety on site.
Your new role
Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Health & Safety Management Systems, including :
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on H&S issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
- To provide reports relating to H&S as necessary to management.
- To support the business needs of the company through innovative and efficient approaches in achieving compliance requirements that enhance the continuing development and growth of the company.
- To carry out risk assessment and hazard identification;
- To effectively communicate H&S requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events.
- To coordinate, manage and deliver EHS related training, (company requirements, procedures, new legal requirements etc.), inductions, staff training etc.;
- To report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow-up actions;
- To monitor objectives and promote their delivery;
- To carry out H&S audits and inspections.
- Issue and track PPE requirements.
- Liaise with site team to ensure health and safety documentation is up to date
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in a similar role ideally within a fast-paced environment
- Must have a Health & Safety Qualification (Minimum level 6), in addition, Manual Handling Instructor training, VDU Assessor Training & First Aid would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision – planning, organising and prioritising own daily work routine to meet deadlines.
- Strong organisation, attention to detail and practical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Full clean drivers licence required.
What you'll get in return
A salary ranging from €45,000 to €50,000 (DOE) plus a range of benefits including :
- Bike to work scheme
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.