Project Worker - Homeless Residential Service - Limerick City
Your new company
is a voluntary organisation and Approved Housing Body working with families, children and single adults who are disadvantaged and socially excluded; primarily those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. They provide a range of housing, health and recovery services and accommodation for marginalised households throughout Ireland primarily using a trauma informed approach (all staff are trauma informed and trained) and a harm reduction model of support. They also provide bespoke community based supported living services for persons that find themselves homeless with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums.
Your new role
currently seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a Project Worker for their Limerick City Homeless Services on a 12-month fixed term contract (40hrs p/w). Duties include:
- To assess individual clients needs and develop and deliver appropriate support and care management programmes in conjunction with other voluntary and statutory services.
- To approach clients at all times with dignity and respect and ensure they are provided with choices around the services they receive.
- To support clients in line with Trauma Informed Practice and harm reduction principles.
- To support the client in identifying and sourcing appropriate housing options.
- Provide practical services to the client, including welfare, benefits and housing advice, budget and debt management and life skills.
- Assist clients with health, hygiene, safety, general welfare, including personal assistance where required.
- Maintain the service to a high standard including cleaning and preparing client rooms, communal areas and workstations.
- To assist clients in gaining access to a range of community resources to enable them to increase confidence, socialisation, independent living, and problem-solving skills.
- To assist clients in maximising their tenancy sustainment skills, through the use of specialist programmes and self-development skills.
- To be aware of child protection issues and correct reporting procedures.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures, particularly in relation to child protection, safeguarding vulnerable adults, confidentiality, finance, personal safety, and customer care.
- To promote client participation by providing information, advice, and choices to enable individuals to participate fully in daily decisions relating to them.
- To assist clients in providing feedback on services through meetings, the complaints procedures, suggestions, and use of questionnaires.
- To be accessible and responsive at all times to clients’ questions, concerns and requests for information.
- To keep accurate, up to date, factual client records via the company and funders recording platforms. (Salesforce & PASS)
- To assist clients in gaining access to their personal files in accordance with procedures.
- To promote and implement the principles of customer care.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum Level 7 Degree on National Framework of Qualifications in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care or a related discipline. Acceptable related disciplines are minimum Level 8 Degree (Major Award) in: Psychology; Counselling and Psychotherapy; Addiction; Youth and Community Work; Social Work; Social Sciences; Teaching and Nursing
- Garda Vetting is part of their recruitment and selection process and a pre-employment requirement.
- Minimum 2-year experience in Social Care setting. Homeless setting experience desirable
What you'll get in return
• 26 days annual leave.
• flexible work arrangements.
• access to supports such as Support and Supervision.
• They gain a wide range of experience on the front-line- this can act as a springboard for other career opportunities within this organisation .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105218