Do you have a proven commercial acumen and are interested in a strategic commercial job with a great company?
Your new role
This is a critical position within a new business unit in the organisation. The strategic approach and direction is still to be outlined and this is where you come in. We need you to bring your strong commercial acumen into play, tell us what strategic route we should take, we want you to analyse and evaluate various avenues. This is a job that you will partly design yourself. This is a one-off opportunity to really put your stamp on the future direction of a key business unit.
You will work across various departments, such as buying, financial, supply chain and others, where you will use your strong communication and influencing skills.
In brief, you will be responsible for identifying, defining, and driving commercial opportunities, as part of the Commercial team you will report to the Senior Commercial Manager with primary focus on how the company can leverage the scale and multichannel reach of the business.
A Full Job Spec is available upon request, below is a brief snapshot.
- Identify, define and prioritise cost-price opportunities.
- Build commercial insights & analytics across.
- Identify and prioritise opportunities.
- Drive delivery of your strategy through comprehensive analysis, insight creation, commercial argument development in collaboration with managers, validation with suppliers.
- Support cost price and investment simplification – definition, implementation and reporting as required.
- Cost price, inflation, commodity and currency impact analysis.
- Partner and provide analytic support on Commercial Strategic Initiatives that enable cost reduction.
Your new company
You will join one of Ireland's largest and best known companies at their Cork Headquarters. In existence for over 100 years, it is the leading company in its industry and growing at a significant rate. As one of Ireland's largest employers, the company counts its employees as key assets, indeed the company has won numerous awards for employee engagement.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA with at least 4 years relevant experience.
- You must have strong commercial experience with demonstrable influencing skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and power BI is essential and non-negotiable.
- A proven ability to engage and influence key stakeholders is vital together with strong communication skills.
- Strong systems knowledge and Advanced Excel.
- Experience partnering with business managers across different functions.
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a varied workload.
What you'll get in return
You will join a brilliant organisation that continues to be highly successful. You will work with a highly professional, experienced and motivated team that are committed to the success of the company and most importantly, its business partners.
This is an exceptional opportunity that will offer significant career progression.
A very competitive salary in the region of €70,000 + a 10% bonus and Pension is on offer. Free parking, flexible start times and a hybrid model of working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray now.