Project Engineer required in the Sligo region to work on mechanical engineering projects
Your new company
We have an immediate vacancy for a Project Engineer to work on an exciting mechanical engineering project in Sligo, on a permanent, full-time basis.
This role would suit someone with project engineering experience and who is experienced in mechanical works.
About the Role
Supported by the wider Project Management and Engineering teams, the Project Engineer will be reporting to the Project Director and Senior Project Engineer. The Mechanical/Project Engineer will work on our key projects and assist in carrying the project through to successful completion.
Key duties of the role include, but are not restricted to:
- Generating project schedules in conjunction with the project team
- Monitoring project work progress
- Preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports
- Project engineering submissions and value engineering
- Project procurement and materials management
- Project build review and interaction with co-contractors
- Designing in 3D using AutoCAD 3D software
- Designing systems and components that meet needs and requirements.
- Conducting experiments methodically, analysing data and interpreting results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Producing outline designs
- Conducting experiments methodically, analyse data and interpreting results.
- Evaluating the final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Altering and modifying designs to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Ensuring client satisfaction
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail and be a good communicator.
- Possess a relevant 3rd level qualification, at level 8 or above.
- Have a good level of knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit & BIM software systems.
- Have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Have an interest in working within the construction industry.
- Be comfortable in the use of Microsoft Office, with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
- Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Have a positive attitude with a passion to learn & succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
- The ability to contribute comfortably as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Ireland (essential)
The company offers:
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site parking.
- Pension support.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Well-being programme.
- Competitive salary.
- Hands-on training and development.
- No weekend work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.