Electrical Engineer required in Limerick for office based role
Your new company
Our client is a large contracting company based in the Limerick region. They provide Service/Maintenance services as well as the design, installation, commissioning and warranty of industrial refrigeration / HVAC systems. They are now seeking to recruit for an experienced electrical engineer based in their Limerick office. The role will assist in the design and implementation of electrical specifications for tendering processes, energy efficiency and utility projects in sites in the Biotech, Pharmaceutical/Chemical, Food & Beverage, Manufacturing, Logistics and Dairy industries.
Role Responsibilities & Description
- Work with cross functional teams and personnel (refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, software, automation and instrumentation) to undertake energy assessments of client requirements and contribute to concept solution designs and subsequent detailed designs
- Develop solution design energy saving calculations, budget pricing and client presentations
- Coordinate Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Engineering Detailed Design (EDD) activities ensuring development of Design Documents and associated specifications and detailed drawings
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers that would be experienced in industrial energy efficiency projects
- Design of the Electrical & Automation solutions for our Refrigeration projects for large scale manufacturing facilities to include systems such as Industrial Chillers, Refrigeration/HVAC, Heat Pumps, Heat Recovery and including Utilities PlantRoom Designs
- Managing relationships with clients in Biotech and other industries.
- Liaise with the design team on the project to ensure the client requirements for energy performance, regulations, schedule, budgeting are achieved
- Liaise with senior staff and applicable persons on the design process
- Resolve technical challenges as they arise during the design and construction phase of projects
- Prepare detailed electrical drawings and diagrams for refrigeration systems panels.
- Ability to perform cable sizing calculations to ensure appropriate wire gauges and current carrying capacity.
- Assist in the inspection and quality control of subcontractors' work, ensuring compliance with specifications and industry standards.
- Conduct technical reviews of panel designs, identifying potential issues and proposing improvements for optimization.
- Degree/Higher Diploma/Electrical/Automation or equivalent
- Design Experience on Industrial Utility Systems
- Knowledge & experience of current standards
- Motivation to further improvements and attain goals for refrigeration electrical efficiency
- Ownership and responsibility for tasks and projects assigned
- Attention to detail and methodical processing of data
- Safety regulations, Building regulations adherence.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Systems Mechanical, Process,
- Experience in an energy-engineering environment
- Apply logical reasoning to problems and solutions
- Ability to prioritize given tasks.
- Qualification in an energy-related field would be welcome
- Knowledge of Refrigeration & Cooling, Thermal, Compressed Air, Industrial Heat Pump Technology and Renewable
- Excellent salary & package will be negotiated with the successful applicant and will depend on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1109158