Building Services Manager required for large pharma project in Limerick.
Your new company
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Building Services Manager (mech & elec) for a large pharma project in Limerick. They are a leading Irish main building contractor with work nationwide. They are looking to recruit someone with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within building services. Previous experience of working on large multi million projects is essential for this position. You will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of building services, working on a wide variety of modern plant, equipment and systems controlled by BMS. Ensuring design, installation, and commissioning of complex M&E packages. Previous projects experience in Industrial/Pharma/ preferable, and main contractors.
As Building Services Manager the responsibilities and requirements will include:
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience working on medium to large scale projects as a services coordinator/manager.
- Work within a management supervisory team on behalf of a main contractor to coordinate the scope of works of the Electrical, Mechanical, Sprinkler and clean-room services.
- Excellent skills in liaising with all parties on site including clients, sub-contractors, consultants, architects and tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding in the design, installation, commissioning and specification of mechanical and electrical services
- Prepare a list of services of which are required to be shutdown for alterations.
- Attend design team site meetings and prepare and submit overall progress reports on a weekly basis.
- Liaise closely with the client's representative, in particular where proposed works may affect the Clients production schedules.
- In conjunction with the services subcontractors, agree in advance the format of all works to concur.
- Liaise with design teams and MEP sub contractors
- Ensure the MEP sub-contractors receive the info to progress installation according to design and specification
- Organise weekly meetings related to coordination of the M+E works on site
- Attend project meetings and present progress reports as required
- Provide the project teams with updates on MEP installation and progress
- Work alongside consultant engineers and their designs as it’s being installed on site
- Regularly check progress of the MEP installation against the drawing specifications
- Ensure that the MEP works on site are conducted to the health + safety standards as set out by law
- Be involved in the production of as built drawings and O+M manuals
- Review M&E design information at tender stage and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the bidding team of any design shortfalls.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities.
- Ensure M&E information released for construction has been reviewed by all interface designers and construction team and amended/approved prior to issue for construction and is in line with the specification/ contract.
- Maintain and update variation logs.
- Check for discrepancies between project drawings and technical specifications.
Excellent remuneration will be offered with long term career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1100548