Construction, mechanical and electrical engineers, energy
Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting an experienced Hydrogen Project Manager to join our client, a leading semi-state company based in Cork.
The team specialises in:
- Developing hydrogen project from concept to ready for construction
- Management of the planning, engineering and procurement of hydrogen projects
- Managing the due diligence for acquisition of hydrogen projects
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage & development of projects and ensure that they are completed in accordance with the agreed programme, to budget and to the appropriate quality and safety standards.
- Managing a multidisciplinary engineering team of individuals in the delivery of those projects and liaising with key internal stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
- Ensure effective delivery of projects in line with project management methodology, achieving a consistent high standard of output from the project team which meets all technical and programme requirement
- Identify cost-effective technical solutions which contribute towards development of a project route to market / business case
- Develop procurement and contracting strategies for the delivery of projects
- Manage the procurement and evaluation of hydrogen technologies for projects
- Mange the assessment of the technical feasibility of concept projects and the technical due diligence of potential acquisitions
- Procure and manage framework contracts with specialist technical consultants
- Ensure health, safety and quality are built into projects from the earliest stages of development, and undertake the role of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) or Principal Designer (PD) for project development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7 year’s relevant experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A proven track record of delivering multidisciplinary technical projects
- Attention to detail with ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- The ability to work and share knowledge and competencies with a team, including JV partners.
- An understanding of offshore wind projects and hydrogen/ industrial gasses / chemical industry
- Experience of working independently from own initiative, taking ownership of projects and motivating team members to deliver team objectives or projects.
- Experience of contract negotiations and commercial acumen.
- Flexibility, which is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally and internationally.
- Experience in Wind / Electricity Utility / Oil & Gas / Chemical Industry
- Experience with Project Management Methodology or Similar PMBoK Certification
- Experience in chemical / process / electrical engineering or equivalent
- Involvement in industry working groups with respect to Green Hydrogen
- Level 8 qualification in Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status with a recognised engineering institution or demonstrate evidence of progression towards same.
- Any higher level of qualification supporting the responsibilities of this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.