Operations & Maintenance Manager for national road network (West & Midlands).
Your new company
Your new company is involved in the construction and maintenance of roads across Ireland. They are now seeking to recruit an Operations & Maintenance Manager in north Tipperary for the Motorway Maintenance & Renewals Contract. The Motorway Maintenance and Renewals Contract is a mechanism for Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to maintain the national road network consisting of Motorway/Dual Carriageway. You will be responsible for the Midlands/West region of the country with over 300km of carriageway and includes parts of the N/M4, N/M6, M7, N19, M20 and N85. You will lead the delivery of the key operations and maintenance activities including winter service, incident response and routine maintenance activities. You will ensure all services are delivered in compliance with the contract service requirements and TII’s specifications. The Operations and Maintenance Manager will act as the Winter Service Manager and as such will lead the planning, preparations, and delivery of the winter service.
The role will involve monitoring and implementing the highest standards in the promotion of health and safety in all activities, ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations. The Operations & Maintenance Manager will actively engage with an Garda Síochána, Fire Service, Ambulance Service, Employer’s Representative, Local Authorities, neighbouring maintenance organisations and Third Parties to coordinate the delivery of services.
- Reporting to the General Manager you will provide strategic leadership to the Operations and Maintenance Team
- Plan and implement the winter maintenance programme as Winter Service Manager
- Manage the delivery of incident response services across the Network including review of incidents and performance of incident response teams to ensure service levels are maintained
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with TII, Local Authorities, An Garda Siochana, Fire Service, MOCC and other specified groups
- Coordinate delivery of incident response and winter services with the Emergency Services, Local Authorities, and neighbouring maintenance organisations
- Manage the delivery of facility maintenance activities across the TII provided maintenance depots
- Lead the recruitment for the O&M team (maintenance operatives, winter service drivers)
- Responsible for the updating and reviewing of key project plans including Winter Service Plan, Incident Response Plan and Business Continuity Plan
- Preparation of reports, including Winter Service Annual Report, and proposals on O&M initiatives for submission to the Client
- Manage the delivery of key O&M training to maintenance operatives e.g. High Speed Traffic Management, Winter Service training, Mobile Lane Closure training etc
- Participate in tender writing as required
- Liaise with Joint Venture Board, providing progress information and anticipating issues of concern.
- Monitor QA procedures and improve operational efficiencies
- Health, Safety and Environment issues should be treated as of paramount importance and procedures implemented to attain the highest standards of compliance,
- Represent the company at meetings with TII, Emergency Services, Local Authorities, RSA and others
- Investigating serious RTC’s & completing and submitting LA16 Accident Report
- Manage the production, and the approval of Method Statements & Risk Assessments for routine and bespoke work activities.
- Interaction with the supply chain to ensure the availability of suitable materials, plant and equipment for the delivery of the services
- A level eight qualification recognised in Civil Engineering, or other equivalent professional qualification
- Membership of recognised industry body (Engineers Ireland, Institute of Asphalt Technology, Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation etc)
- At least 10 years of experience in road network maintenance contracts or projects with similar services and activities- to this specific contract including winter maintenance operations experience
- Manager’s experience in the execution and completion of;
- Road maintenance or construction projects;
- Roadworks project involving traffic management;
- Projects with similar services and activities to this specific contract;
- Management of staff including training skill development; and experience in leading an integrated team with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable knowledge of the TII road standards and specifications
- High level of computer literacy (MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint)
- Industry recognised safety-training standard for level of post (PSCS and PSDP Knowledge/Training)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to effectively plan & manage staffing.
- Time management and prioritisation of work for self and team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.#1109706