Your new company
A market leading cardboard manufacturer based in Ashbourne. They are internationally recognised and operate in multiple locations around the world. They promote sustainable development, reducing their carbon footprint and giving new life to waste. They are committed to innovation, technology and efficiency to offer sustainable solutions to their clients. They provide sustainable solutions for the manufacture of recycled paper and packaging, as well as waste management and recovery.
Your new role
Reporting into the QSE Manager. The position sits within the Operational Team at Ashbourne, although close working relationships with all areas within the Plant plus some group contact will be involved. Your day-to-day duties will consist of :
• Co-ordination of the site Risk Assessment process and working with the QSE Manager on the Site Risk Register
• Maintaining the Accident Reporting system, conducting follow-ups and being the expected contact point for the Health & Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies.
• Be a Subject-Matter Expert on Health & Safety , including legal compliance, providing mentoring support to other key stakeholders
• In conjunction with the QSE Manager, managing progress on the company Heath & Safety Framework as well as developing and managing the site Safety Plan
• Co-ordinating the activities of the Site Health & Safety Committee
• Collect and input data to maintain Health & Safety records, including training, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Planning and assisting with Health & Safety internal inspections, checks and audits
• Production of weekly, monthly reports as well as safety statistics as required for the Health & Safety Leadership Team
• Participate as a member of a project team in any part of the business as and when required
• Liaising with Country Health, Safety and Environmental Director on group/company initiatives and reporting
• Conduct Induction, refresher or subject matter training as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
• PC Literate and complete understanding of Microsoft, knowledge of SAP would be advantageous, as well as bespoke Safety Software
• Preferably experience working within a Health & Safety Role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Relevant Health and Safety qualification
• Knowledge of ISO: 14001 advantages.
• Able to organise and prioritise work load in order to meet changing deadlines and the ability to work under pressure, as well as being able to work collaboratively within multi-disciplined teams
What you'll get in return
A salary ranging from €30,000 to €35,000 (DOE) plus a whole range of benefits from pension to healthcare options.
You will get the opportunity to progress within the company with the career progression plan implemented from day one.
You will get the opportunity to work in a high-paced environment with a market-leading manufacturer.
Regular working hours is offered and on-site parking too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.