Construction, Mechanical and Electrical Engineer, energy
Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting an experienced Black Start Technical support to join our client, a leading contractor company based in Cork.
Our client is growing fast and are currently looking to hire a Black Start Technical Support to work on exciting multi-disciplinary projects. This role presents a great opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for someone who will embrace the opportunity and progress with the business as it grows.
You will be part of an experienced project delivery team working in a very fast-paced environment.
• Become familiar with all the standards.
• Review all technical documents in advance of commencing any on site activities.
• Request any additional information required to allow the Blackstart PICW’s proceed with planned work.
• Review all information, material and competencies in advance of mobilising to site.
• Be the single point of contact for any technical queries that arise during the construction phase of any project.
• With the PIW prepare technical work packs for the crews in advance of commencing the work as set out in the scoping document.
• Review all test and commissioning requirements with the PICW’s in advance of progressing the work.
• Compile QAQC reports for sharing with management and ESBN.
• Identify any additional training gaps.
• Assist with the on and off-site training of staff.
• Help grow crews with suitably qualified staff.
• Review and assist with the preparation of all RFD’s,POD’s, POR’s and QAQC handover documentation
• Assist with the preparation of SOP’s for all aspects of substation construction and maintenance work.
• Assist with the preparation of lessons learnt register at the end of each project.
• Continued assessment of competency of all on site staff
• Assist PIW and PICW to maintain a safe workplace & safe system of work
• Always ensure safe working practices and culture are maintained at all times
• Assist PIW and PICW to set all staff work in a safe fashion.
• Partake in QAQC and Technical TBT as required
• Continues engagement with PIW with regard to EHS, QC.
• Oversee installation activities and ensure all works are delivered to the highest standard.
• Track and assist the close out all snags in a timely fashion.
• Management of direct site staff and direction to designated work areas.
• Attending regular site meetings with site management to update on progress.
• Technical support to the trade teams.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• An electrical qualification.
• 5 years’ plus experience.
• Knowledge of MV/HV electrical work would be beneficial.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good time management skills and ability to multitask.
• Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including document management.
• Safe Pass card.
• Driver’s license
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.