Quantity Surveyor required in Limerick. Excellent remuneration and exciting job profile on offer.
Your new company
Our client is based in Limerick and is seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor that is interested in working for a company where you can solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions. Where everyone is collaborative, supportive, helpful and there for each other.
What is the job?
Working as part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, this position will provide you with the opportunity to work in partnership with a number of contracting companies ensuring that work is carried out to the highest standard.
Key job features include:
• Review budgets, advise on cost development and provide oversight on commercial management of capital projects
• Assist and advise on the preparation of Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedule of rates etc.
• Procure pricing, quotations from specialist subcontractors to assist with the delivery of capital projects
• Monitor contractor costs, valuations, variations and overall commercial performance of contractor’s costs and project costs
• Administer contractor orders daily, review costs and report monthly on project costs
• Prepare work schedules and contractor planning using available resources
• Attend meetings, monitor work progress and redirect contractors according to project demands
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Have a relevant degree
• Have natural problem-solving skills with strong mechanical aptitude
• Have excellent communication / interpersonal skills
• Be enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on your own initiative
• Be a self-starter and motivated
The company is a team-based organisation which affords a quantity surveyor the opportunity to interface directly with all functions in the plant.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package including salary, health insurance and pension. We also have an on-site gym and an active sports and social club.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.