Civil Site Manager role based near Waterford City
Your new company
This client is a leading Civil Engineering and Building company with offices based across the UK and Ireland. They operate in all aspects of construction, from Civil and Water infrastructure to Commercial and Residential projects. Due to continuing success with semi-state contracts, they are seeking an experienced Civils Site Manager to join their team in Waterford.
Your new role
- This role is focused on major water infrastructure framework with semi-state bodies. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and environmental policies and ensure safe systems of work are planned and implemented on assigned projects.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s quality procedures including production of the project quality plan and completion of the necessary project documentation.
- Attend subcontractor and client meetings as required, ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, acting as an ambassador for the Company.
- Ensure detailed project programmes are drawn up and adhered to on all assigned projects and to regularly report progress against these.
- When applicable, to provide technical support at tender stage.
- Where applicable, take the lead in design management and review on design and build projects.
- Manage the construction team on assigned projects, including their recruitment, performance management, training, and development.
- Manage the allocation of trades and labour, employed and sub-contracted – ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of resources on assigned projects.
- Support and ensure that objectives are planning and implemented onsite, attending audit meetings.
- Adhere to the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Any other task commensurate with this post.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be able to use their own initiative taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
- Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
- 3rd Level qualification in a Civil or Construction Engineering related discipline and 5+ year’s industry experience OR 10+ year’s industry experience.
- Previous experience within the water industry, managing a busy site while achieving and exceeding financial and programme targets.
- Ability to demonstrate the lead role in a construction programme and delivery.
- Experience of managing all SHEQ aspects involved in the construction of large schemes.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project (or similar) and CAD.
- Appropriate recognised industry training certificates and a full driving licence.
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary and package on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.