Your new company
You will be joining a global leader in critical digital infrastructure and continuity solutions. This company is the result of the recent acquisition of a UK and Ireland-based provider of electrical switchgear and power distribution systems for data centres. This provider was founded in 1986 and has grown to employ over 2,100 people across its locations in Ireland, USA, and UAE. Its products are used in over 30 countries and serve various market segments, including data centre, commercial and industrial, water treatment, oil and gas, and utility.
Your new role
As a BIM Coordinator, you will play a key role in the successful delivery of our data centre projects. You will be responsible for creating, managing, and coordinating BIM models that accurately reflect project designs and data. You will also collaborate with project managers, engineers, contractors, and other project stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient BIM workflows and processes. Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with project managers, engineers, contractors, and other project stakeholders to develop and maintain BIM models that accurately represent project designs and data.
- Coordinating busbar services within multidisciplinary BIM models to identify and resolve clashes, discrepancies, and potential conflicts in design and construction.
- Managing BIM workflows and processes to ensure consistency, quality, and adherence to established BIM standards and protocols.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of BIM content libraries, templates, and families for efficient model development.
- Generating clash detection reports and working with project teams to facilitate issue resolution and coordination efforts.
- Extracting accurate quantities and data from BIM models for cost estimation, scheduling, and other project-related purposes.
- Collaborating with BIM managers and project managers to ensure BIM deliverables align with project timelines and objectives.
- Providing training and support to project teams on BIM software and processes, promoting proper usage and adherence to standards.
- Staying up to date with industry trends, advancements, and best practices in BIM methodology and software.
- Participating in regular meetings and communication channels to facilitate effective collaboration among project stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- You should hold a qualification related to the post in Revit or AutoCAD or equivalent.
- Proven experience in BIM coordination and working with BIM software tools.
- Proficiency in BIM software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, or similar tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Familiarity with construction and design processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with clash detection and resolution processes.
- Knowledge of quantity extraction and data management from BIM models.
What you'll get in return
You will get a negotiable salary with a whole range of benefits, some of these benefits include,
- 30-40k salary negotiable
- Progression plan
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.