Sustainability Engineer Job (Building Services)
Your new company
Your new company is an International Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering Practice having delivered over 11,000 projects in 15 countries. Their Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Sustainability, Public Health, Environmental Engineers and Ecologists provide expert advice to a diverse range of clients in all sectors of the economy.
There is an opportunity for a Sustainability Engineer in its Dublin city centre office. They will report to the Manager and will help develop the carbon reduction strategy for the company .
Your new role
My client currently has a vacancy for a Sustainability Engineer who has specialised in ESG strategies. You will work under the experienced Associates and Directors who are passionate about Sustainability and delivering these strategies to their loyal clients.
Developing strategies and defining goals for clients, reviewing progress and collating the necessary information.
You will develop your existing knowledge and skills in energy modelling. You will develop the mix of energy and sustainability strategies for new build and existing buildings.
The role will include supporting and developing some of our key work streams:
- Energy Modelling in IES
- Experienced in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modelling,
- Experienced in Part L / NZEB Compliance and the modelling of the same within IES and SBEM NCM
- Design for performance, predictive energy modelling and operational energy assessments (CIBSE TM54 and DfP)
- Planning and Building Regulations
- Bespoke sustainability services
What you need to succeed
- They would ideally like candidates who would be considered experienced with 3+ years’ experience
- Experience of building physics, heat transfer, energy, comfort criteria, CIBSE Guidance and other industry standards.
- An in-depth knowledge of dynamic simulation software and the Irish Building Regulations, and a good understanding of mechanical design.
- An understanding of coding or a modern programming language is beneficial.
- Effective communication skills and some experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
Embodied carbon life cycle analysis
Green Certification – LEED / BREEAM etc
What you will get in return
Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies (IEI/CIBSE).
Active Sports & Social Clubs.
Flexible working hours.
Accredited CPD Employer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Anne-Marie Walsh or call me on 086 0637307.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career