Team Lead Residential Service - Kildare - €40k - €48k
Your new company
Your new company helps adults with intellectual disabilities and other additional to live fulfilled lives for 70 years. Your new company offers homes and centres to provide care in a multifaceted approach to development incorporating people’s physical and psychological needs. Your company believes everyone can bring unique skills capable of improving the lives of service users.
Your new role
As the new Team Leader you will be responsible for the development, support and management of the service, with the support of an experienced service Person in Charge (PIC), Senior Management team and a multidisciplinary team. You will report to the Person in Charge (PIC) and will play a key role in ensuring the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA standards and relevant legislation. This is a pivotal role within the organisation and is a full-time, permanent position. You must demonstrate the capacity to lead and develop services, underpinned by the principles of person centredness and quality to ensure each person you support achieves their optimum potential.
Your new role, as Team Leader, will involve a broad range of managerial duties including, managing, and creating staff rosters, and generating all other reports as required. As Team Leader, you will be responsible for following the guidance from your PIC and ensure the smooth running of a residential service, ensuring all HIQA regulations and legislation are followed accordingly.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in your new role, you will have recent and relevant leadership experience, creating rosters and supporting staff. You will have the below experience/ qualification in Social Care or a related field, and desirably a certificate in Management. In addition to this, you will have demonstrated skills in leading a team, and excellent time management skills.
- Relevant Qualification in Social Care or Nursing discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience working within the disability sector with 2 of those in a senior support/team leader position.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong working knowledge of HIQA standards and regulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, motivate and supervise staff.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Personal Lifestyle Planning and Behaviour Supports.
- Be proactive and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT, administration, report writing and organisational skills.
- Possess a full clean driving licence and own vehicle.
- Be able to work evenings/ weekends.
- Be prepared to be on call as required.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be given the opportunity to grow and progress in a well-established and dynamic working environment. An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve success within an established service where their aim is to ensure that each person they support achieves their optimum potential. You will also get the below:
- A competitive salary with incremental pay increases.
- Constant support of nominated PIC as well as an experienced leadership team proven expertise in this area.
- Ongoing continuous professional development through attendance at internal and external workshops, conferences and mandatory training.
- Access to continuous employee support and engagement including employee assistance programme and bike to work scheme.
- Work/life balance.
- Employee Recommend scheme.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role or would like to have a confidential conversation about your career and the next steps then please contact us today. Send us your CV and a little about what you are looking for and we will arrange a call to discuss what you want. You can contact Becky with your CV at email@example.com.