Hybrid Tax Accountant job with a focus across all areas of tax, CT, VAT, RCT, PAYE - Definitely worth applying
Your new company
Public Sector - Full details available by contacting Vincent Murray or applying below.
Your new role
You will join an experienced Tax Team that will welcome you with extensive training and support to ensure you are a success. This team are known as a supportive inclusive team within the organisation.
Reporting to the Tax Operational Lead, you will be responsible for managing transactional tax compliance affairs.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of tax compliance
- Prepare VAT, RCT, PSWT, PAYE and CT returns and ensure that the related Revenue deadlines and requirements are achieved in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with tax legislation/guidance. This would include a reconciliation of returns to tax balances in accounts
- Provide necessary guidance and advice on tax legislation to those with responsibility for processing transactions
- Liaise with the tax leads to ensure all tax compliance activities are undertaken and to support any Tax reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships across the business particularly working closely with Accounts Payable and Procurement
- Assist in promoting an increased awareness of tax risks, threats and opportunities
- Assist in identifying key taxation issues and taking appropriate action to minimise tax risks / exposures and maximise returns
- Provide appropriate support/advisory/training on tax related matters including researching and resolving technical queries from the transaction services function, reviewing contracts, carrying out periodic reviews, and advising of any updates in new tax legislation
- Continually strive to seek improvements and efficiencies for running and executing tax activities
- Keep up-to-date with all relevant tax requirements
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- Managing the tax process for dealing with imports of goods
What you'll need to succeed
AITI Qualified and ideally have exposure to areas of taxation including VAT, RCT, PSWT, CIS CT and Payroll taxes.
NOTE: You will be fully trained, if you do not have extensive experience, then please still apply as this is a position that will give you want most tax jobs do not i.e. Experience across all the tax heads.
What you'll get in return
You will get incredible experience across all tax heads that you won't get anywhere else. Salary and package is on offer. Working with an exceptional team, it really has a superb reputation.
A full Job Spec is available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray at Hays in Cork now on 021 2129483. #1095664