Statutory Financial Accountant - Permanent - Dublin - Hybrid - telecoms industry
Your new company
You will be joining Ireland's leading telecom provider with global presence. You will have an option to work in a hybrid model in their offices located in South Dublin, which offers a world-class working environment with great working and career opportunities. You will be working in a team with great culture, and you will receive support throughout your career and development opportunities.
Your new role
In your new role as Statutory Reporting and Compliance Accountant you will be responsible for reporting into the Controls and Compliance Manager. Your main duties will include being responsible for all statutory and group related external financial reporting, governance and internal controls compliance, ongoing external audit project management and providing technical accounting advice on new commercial propositions.
Key Duties listed below:
- Ensuring monthly group and annual statutory reporting complied with all relevant accountant standards and regulations
- Management of financial and non-financial certifications on a quarterly basis as part of the EU Cluster certification to group investor relations and annual s404 YEC certification for controls compliance
- Periodic Governance and control performance including presenting balance sheet review to the CFO and Head of Finance Operations which involves close collaboration with Financial Reporting team
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely completion of external audit as main point of contact with external auditors
- Accounting for all corporate level transactions (acquisitions, disposals etc)
- Preparation of technical accounting guidance and memos in response to accounting queries from Business partners and Propositions teams, ensuring adherence to IFRS and company financial reporting policies.
- Responsible for ensuring SOX and other key business process control documentation for areas of responsibility is complete, accurate and that adequate control submission schedules are available and complied with
- Involvement in controls & compliance projects and tasks including deep dives into higher risk areas or key business processes to provide controls advice and develop a suite of robust governance documentation to assist in strengthening the controls environment within Finance Operations
- Collaborating with business functions to create and promote a culture of risk management and compliance
- Building strong working relations with various global teams, particularly the controls service centre and provide ongoing training and feedback to ensure effective delivery
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will be Qualified Accountant with over 2 years of post-qualification experience (approx. 5 years of accounting experience). You will also have strong technical accounting skills and previous experience working in an audit or compliance team. You will be aware of IFRS and Local GAAP standards with knowledge in reporting, audit and compliance. You will have strong analytical skills paired with excellent communication. You will also have previous experience in people management and showcased project management skills. You will be working in cross-functional teams so proven track record of that is a plus. Experience with SAP, Hyperion or Essbase is sought after but nor essential and experience in Telecoms industry would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
What you will get in return is a permanent employment with a competitive salary package based on your experience, hybrid model of work with 2 days in the office and 3 days at home and offices located in South Dublin. You will get a chance to work alongside very experienced individuals who will provide you with necessary support and whose motivations are to excel expectations. You will join a dynamic and diverse place to work and it will be an opportunity for you to develop your career further in Accounting Industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103831