Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced SHE advisor to join our client, a leading Semi State company based in Cork.
Job Title: SHE Advisor
Ireland Base Location: Field Based
Salary: Competitive Salary + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What will I be doing in this role?
We’re looking for an experienced SHE Advisor to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to help our Business Units & Projects operating in the Republic of Ireland to deliver on our SHE objectives of getting everyone home safe. The clients “safety for all” is core to our values and is a non-negotiable position at the heart of our business. We pride ourselves in putting the safety of our people and the workplace environment first, making sure everyone gets home safe
As a key member of the SHE team you will be responsible for
- Monitoring SHE performance at Business Unit and Depot level. Reporting to Operational management on good performance / best practice as well as deficiencies and areas of weakness identified.
- Provision of key support with regards to the development and implementation of improvement actions, initiatives, and plans.
In addition, you will be a key stakeholder to our Business Unit and Project management teams in ensuring all SHE risks are identified and managed throughout all phases of project development, construction and maintenance
What do I need to be successful in the role?
What you need to do now
- You should be an excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation & possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a graduate qualification in SHE, such as a Level 8 Higher Diploma in OSH or equivalent industry experience and an Environmental qualification.
- Ideally, you will be a member of IOSH or equivalent, or looking to gain chartered status through continuous professional development.
- You should have had experience in drafting clear, unambiguous technical documentation and be trained in incident investigation.
- Due to the level of mobility required in this role a full ROI driving licence is essential
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1100931