Senior Engineers should be capable of producing design drawings, diagrams and schematics, project specifications and schedules for Building services design that comply with Irish, European Standards, Building Regulations & CIBSE guidelines.
- Take a full project briefing
- Preparation of conceptual and scheme designs
- Management of engineers undertaking detailed design solutions in accordance with the relevant Standards
- Feasibility studies.
- Lead various projects from an electrical/mechanical perspective and be part of a multidiscipline team.
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective solutions.
- Provide support to fee and capital budget proposals as required.
- Liaison with clients to ensure projects are delivered on time to the client requirements
- Checking of the detailed design solution and engineering drawings
- Management of workload and resources to project deadlines.
- Managing technical delivery of team of engineers and designers.
- Assemble and manage bid, approval, and construction issue mechanical/electrical packages in an efficient and lean manner
- Monitor engineering staff at junior levels, if required.
- Production and checking of design documentation such as Basis of Designs, Technical Specifications, and Design Justification Reports etc.
- Understanding the requirements of concept and detail design drawings such Design Proposal Drawings, Flow Diagrams, etc.
- Check other engineers work for accuracy and quality and undertake peer reviews.
- Attendance at client and site meetings. Review and snagging of installations. Analysis of commissioning reports. Attendance at demonstrations of completed works.
- Responsible, in co-operation with the Project Director, for the technical quality of conceptual designs, design schemes and detail drawings and other design documentation
- Responsible for delivering projects through single and multi-discipline design reviews and hazard and operability studies.
- Translate project specifications into concept designs in co-operation with their Project Director and ensure that the subsequent design meets the project requirements.
- Produce and check engineering calculations that are necessary to support any conceptual scheme or detail engineering design work for which the successful candidate would be responsible.
- Commercially aware and have ability to undertake value engineering activities and implement new technologies where they are implemented to provide costs effective solutions for our clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of design/build projects in terms of technical performance.
- Maintains product and company reputation by maintaining Personal Professional Development
- Comply with the company's Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required.
- Understand and apply our quality policy statement in all aspects of your work.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of the company's clients are understood and delivered.
- Help develop and improve the company's internal processes and management system by reporting corrective actions, updates and improvement ideas.
- Carry out Site Inspections and measure progress for Cost Reports.
- Preparation of Project Budgets.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- CAD and IES simulation proficiency where possible
- Strong working knowledge of proprietary modelling software (eg Dialux, Elevate, Trimble, Amtech/IES)
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in mechanical and/or electrical building services design
- Advanced knowledge of all applicable mechanical/electrical engineering codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Demonstrable advanced experience in the complete suite of mechanical/electrical engineering design services.