Senior Building Surveyor, Dublin, €75k
Your new company
Hays Recruitment are delighted to have partnered with a leading Real Estate company based in Dublin City Centre. They are one of the most well-known Real Estate companies in Ireland and have an immediate need for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their growing Property & Asset Management team. The successful candidate will further develop the Building Surveying and project management activities, with sustainability at the forefront of all operations.
Your new role
This role will involve managing projects throughout the entire project life cycle on behalf of institutional clients. You will regularly meet with clients advising and helping to develop new and existing business. The successful candidate will manage the design, tendering and construction phase of fit-out projects and will be required to assist in pitching for new work. Responsibilities for the role are outlined below.
- Work with clients to understand their occupational requirements and assist the agency team and the client through their office search and selection process.
- Enthusiasm for a career in sustainable building design underpinned by an understanding of the sector
- For large projects there will be the requirement to develop a brief for a Design Team.
- Manage the selection and procurement of Design and Construction teams.
- Co-ordinate Design teams and Construction teams so projects remain on programme and in line with agreed budgets.
- Compile tender documents, oversee the tender process through to the appointment of the contractor/professional teams and administration of each appointment.
- Manage design team and construction phase progress meetings.
- For smaller projects there will be the requirement to directly manage projects by producing designs, agreeing costs with the client and managing works in line with the agreed budget.
- Stakeholder management to keep all parties aware throughout each project.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role, you should have a degree in Building Surveying or Project Management. Ideally you will be a a Chartered Building Surveyor with RICS/SCSI or working towards becoming chartered. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design, workplace solutions and will have a keen interest in the fundamental principles of sustainability and a well-read knowledge of global, national and regional issues that will allow them to communicate the need for smart building solutions with passion, conviction and reasoning. Pro-efficient IT skills including AutoCad and Microsoft Office are essential. You must have a positive work attitude and posses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity with excellent opportunities for careers progression. Salary on offer is up to €70,000 depending on experience. You will thrive as part of an enthusiastic, target driven team of professionals. You will have a continuous stream of projects, working with property clients, other senior professionals and construction contractors. Your role will be client-facing, advising clients in person and helping to develop the existing business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1085422