Resident Engineer- Nationwide
Your new company
Your new company is a client focused Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering Practice with an office based in Dublin City, Cork, Galway and the UK. Their people centred business focuses the talents of their diverse multidisciplinary team of experts to deliver best in class consulting Engineering services with design flair and exceptional quality. They are now looking for an experienced on-site and demand. The Resident Civil Engineer shall ensure works are constructed in accordance with the Employer’s Representative’s requirements and that the Contractor carries out all obligations.
Your new role
As a Resident Engineer you will undertake the following duties:
- Supervision and associated administration of all civil related construction works on site.
- Supervision of civil work requirements and instructions from the Employer’s Representative (ER), Design Team, and Local Authority etc.
- Monitor, measure, inspect and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements.
- Assist the Employer’s Representative in Technical and Contractual matters.
- Prepare regular site progress reports in conjunction with other site Resident Staff regarding Quality and Programme.
- Monitor the Contractor’s works for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and related legislation.
- Review of Method Statements and Contractor’s Engineering works proposals to ensure compliance with the Works Requirements.
- Keep and maintain comprehensive records/diary of work in progress and report on same.
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- An excellent level of attention to detail.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant on-site experience in a similar role.
- Expertise working with contract administration.
- Knowledge and experience of current forms of contracts and EN standards.
- Experience working on projects in Ireland.
- Knowledge and experience in contract forms and construction techniques.
What you'll get in return
- Excellent salary circa €50-65K (depending on experience)
- Wellness Programme
- Life Insurance
- Death in Service
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1109508