Project Worker – resettlement worker - prisoners – Limerick
Your new company
A non-profit organisation that provides services for people who are homeless and people at risk of homelessness in are seeking a Project/resettlement worker to join their growing team on a permanent basis in Limerick. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
Your new role
The aim of the role is to provide a support service within Limerick Homeless Action Team that is both structured and practical to assist predominately prisoners who’s centre of interest is Limerick and who are at risk of homelessness upon release from prisons across Ireland with the aim of identifying routes to independent living. This exciting role will provide strong partnerships and joint working with the prison service, local authority and beyond to seek long term suitable accommodation.
• To be a core team member of the Homeless Action Team.
• To provide clear and precise information and advice on emergency accommodation, housing, HAP, Social Welfare and legal rights to people in need.
• To refer and place people in emergency accommodation.
• To undertake an assessment of people’s personal and accommodation situation needs.
• To advocate on people’s behalf for housing, Social Welfare and other resources.
• To refer people to external agencies which can more appropriately assist them with their personal, social, legal and accommodation needs.
• To liaise with, work co-operatively and effectively with the other personnel in
• Limerick County Council and the Limerick Homeless Action Team in relation to organisational procedures and policies in areas of personnel, finance, administration, research, development, education, public awareness, and services.
• To be familiar with and comply with all relevant Limerick City & County Council/Limerick Homeless Action Team and company policies e.g. Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Customer Complaints Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Personnel Policy.
• To work with and under the supervision and direction of the line management within Limerick Homeless Action team and engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the company.
• To be aware of responsibilities and respond appropriately to any situation where child protection and welfare is a concern.
What you'll need to succeed
A relevant Third Level qualification at degree level i.e. social care, psychology, sociology
• Experience working in a social care setting
• Experience of dealing with child protection and welfare responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns
• Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
• Ability to work alone and in a team setting
• Full clean driver’s license with access to a car
• Working knowledge of services for people experiencing homelessness
• Good knowledge of social welfare and health board systems and payments and have experience of assisting people to access both.
• Excellent communication skills with particular emphasis on written and verbal advocacy while being able to deal with vulnerable and marginalised groups in a very busy environment.
• Good knowledge of Local Authority and voluntary housing agencies with experience in referral and advocacy to each.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for a non-profit organisation that provides services for people/ families who are homeless and people/ families at risk of homelessness as a project worker. You will be joining their growing team on a permanent basis based in Limerick. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1102775