Quantity Surveyor required in Galway to work with a leading construction company on large scale projects
Your new company
Our client is a well established construction company that have several large scale projects in the region. They are now seeking to recruit a full-time Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team in Galway.
Your new role
The role of the Quantity Surveyor encompasses Subcontract procurement and account management forecasting of costs and values, budgetary controls, cash flow forecasts, the preparation and valuation of progress and final payments in connection with any Contract or Subcontract. It also includes the appraisal of the value of proposed construction options and the preparation of Bills and/or Schedules of Quantities of Materials, labour and services required in the construction and building, or engineering works etc.
- Producing programme vs cost cash flow projections in conjunction with all teams.
- Reviewing progress & programme & tracking cost implications.
- Complying with & Implementing the Quality plan strategy.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, acting at all times in the best interests of the company.
- Maintaining and enhancing the company relationships, and ensuring the company is recognised as a high performing team.
- Liaising with other company team members in creating and delivering the overall project plan for the duration of the project and updating it as necessary.
- Provide accurate and timely data for senior management
- Work as a team to find a better way & drive out waste by working together and learning form others.
- Valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives.
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client, Design team, Sub-Contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work.
- Develop & own the relationship with your counter-part in the Client’s project team.
- Contribute to developing a cohesive, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging and celebratory project delivery team.
- Contribute to the development, communication and measurement of key business objectives for the project delivery team members.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning. Contribute to the development of a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Take responsibility for personal development and contribute to the development of team members & stakeholders.
- Be responsible for obtaining necessary technical, Health & Safety and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Contribute to minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement. Make our performance visible and maximise the beneficial impact of our activities.
- Third level qualification
- 4-6 years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business with Main Contractor.
- Preparing Contracts
- Buildsoft and Cubit experience an advantage
- Ideally will have residential, commercial, retail, pharma or similar experience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Contractors & Management
- High Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract requirements
- Knowledge and awareness of contractual and commercial management
- Financial management from preconstruction to completion.
- Knowledge in dispute resolution and keen to deliver and able to access risk exposure
- Microsoft Office advanced user skills advantage
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
What you'll get in return
Highly competitive salary / package and the opportunity to progress your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103467