Quantity Surveyor - Building Contractor - Office based
Your new company
Since 2009, your new company has a proven track record of being efficient, dependable and our exceptional quality of work resulting in client retention and benefitting from a large pipeline of work. They operate across General Contracting, Data Centres and Partitions and Ceilings.
They are now seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Your new role
You will be primarily based at the company head office in North Dublin with site visits as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers (e.g., Change Order Register)
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders.
- Prepare and participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate
- Validate and approve sub-contractors’ interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Commercial procedures
What you'll need to succeed
You will have 3-5 years experience and hold a level 8 degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, Public Works Form of Contract etc.) You will have the ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR’s with and in-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems. Commercial awareness – market, competition, value for money is crucial as well as strong numeracy and report writing skills.
What you'll get in return
In return for your efforts you will receive the opportunity to progress and develop your career through continuous training and support from management. The salary being offered does depend on your experience but typically sits between €50,000 - €60,000. Additional benefits include, skills & experience, a pension plan, company vehicle or allowance (depending on role), additional training as well as flexibility to support a work/life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107042