Quantity Surveyor | Residential Developer | Greater Dublin Area
Your new company
Your new company specialises in high and low-density residential construction with several developments currently under development and a number of opportunities at planning stage. They work alongside consultants in the specialties of Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Mechanical & Electrical and Ecology to name a few. They are currently building developments in South and West Dublin and Co Kildare, these being housing developments and low-rise apartment blocks over basement.
Your new role
As part of your new role will be involved in the delivery of numerous and diverse residential/commercial developments. The role will be based in company head office in West Dublin while work from home can be considered. Please see below for typical duties.
- Coordinating with design teams to obtain cost effective design & build solutions.
- Preparing tenders.
- Ensuring projects are tendered for in an economic and cost efficient way.
- Cost comparison and analysing of construction methods and designs.
- Preparation and issuing of contracts.
- Tender/Rate analysis and validation of tenders.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contract Packages.
- Vetting contractors.
- Final negotiation and awarding of contracts.
- Contract Administration.
- Certifying and progressing monthly progress payments and final accounts.
- Negotiating and authorising/claiming variations.
- Closely monitor and process all project variations.
- Issuing notice of delays.
- Claiming extensions of time
- Responsibility for payment of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Cost/Financial management and planning.
- Pre-Contract and Post Contract works.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a BSc qualification in Quantity Surveying and have a minimum of 6+ yrs experience in industry. They will be self-motivated, a team player and have experience with administration of contracts. Some familiarity with Public Works Contracts and the Capital Works Management Frameworks documents would be beneficial but not imperative.
What you'll get in return
You will work as part of a fantastic, high-performance team with progression within encouraged and supported. There is a pipeline of important infrastructure projects in place for the next several years and you will contribute and be a part of these. You will be remunerated a very strong salary based on your experience, this falls into a bracket of between €55,000 and €70,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1093750