Quality Manager required for a large scale construction project where the value is in region of €200 million
Your new company
The role of a Quality manager is to ensure that all of the Site Remediation Project’s activities meet and maintain set standards. As the responsible person for quality, they will carry out inspections and keep detailed records as evidence that work is of the highest practical standard. Project value is in the region of €200 million. Project duration is expected to be 4 years. This role will have some direct reports and a number of significant contractors.
- Developing and implementing a project Quality Plan incorporating processes, procedures and documentation;
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required;
- Develop and provide quality training for all personnel to include induction and
- Verify Client & Contractor quality requirements are specified to supplier and subcontractor documentation submittals.
- Ensure the provision and review of ITPs
- Preparing and maintaining records;
- Conducting project quality assessments;
- Perform all internal and external audits (suppliers and subcontractors) on behalf of the project team;
- Ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements;
- Produce information for management review with top management and attend the management review meeting to ensure that the quality management system remains suitable, adequate and effective;
- Control all documentation required upon the completion of the project.
- Developing and monitoring quality performance, progress and action plans;
- Monitor the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports.
- Attend client quality management meetings;
- Action and close all customer complaints;
- Coordinate all quality activities with the Client’s procurement manager;
- There is an intense collaboration with the Client and with contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- The Quality Manager works within a matrix structure, in a multidisciplinary team, and in an international / multicultural environment.
Degree in Quality management and experience in Construction type contracts is desirable. Engineering qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Quality management and documentation control.
- Third level Qualification in Quality Assurance
- Experience of setting up quality systems for new projects
- Engineering qualification would be advantageous
JOB SPECIFIC (TECHNICAL) KNOWLEDGE:
- Good knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving quality management systems
- Familiarity with construction procedures
- English speaking
- Exceptional PC skills
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of NEC contracts is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with Asite is beneficial
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105263