QC, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, days
Your new company
Here at Hays we are working with our international Pharma client to source an experienced QC Chemist.
The company is a global leader in therapeutic areas of focus such as HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Your new role:
QC Chemist II – QC Technical Support Cork Contract: 12 months Salary: €50- 70K This QC Chemist II role requires significant expertise/specialisation in analytics for Solid Oral Dosage and Biological Product Portfolios.
They are responsible for analytical operations including Analytical Method Transfers, New Product Introductions, process & cleaning optimisations, technical investigations and quality control testing to support our GMP operations.
- Involvement in Analytical Method Validation/Transfers for Solid Oral Dosage & for Biological Products as appropriate.
- Execution of process and cleaning validation studies in support of New Product Introductions.
- Provision of technical support to Operations for investigations and optimisation projects.
- Deliver new technologies and continuous improvement initiatives to meet business requirements.
- Support QC TS investigations/troubleshooting and technical projects within the function.
- Support the procurement and qualification of new equipment for new product technology transfers.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: UPLC, HPLC, CE,) and ability to critically evaluate data quality.
- Writes and executes protocols and reports.
- Assists in the training of QC staff.
- Writes and revises methods, specifications, and SOP’s as needed.
- May develop methods for performing cleaning validations.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding of project goals and methods.
- Acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interfaces with key cross functional stakeholders locally, CTLs and across the Company network including US Locations.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Expertise:
- Experience in test methods for Solid Oral Dosage products
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cGMP, quality control (QC), and regulatory requirements for GMP laboratories in pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience with equipment qualification and analytical techniques such as UPLC/HPLC, Water content analysis etc.
- Knowledge of software such as Empower and LIMS.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve moderately complex problems and good judgement in making recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external partners, self-motivation and adaptability.
Education and experience:
- Minimum education of BA or BSc. Preferably chemistry.
- MSc. desirable
- Resilient & dynamic.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation.
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103222