Quality Control, QC, Pharma, days, testing Lab
Your new company
Global Multinational Pharma with multiple bases in Ireland.
They are currently expanding and need support.
Your new role:
The Bioassay group supports testing of DPC, VIN and FB product for Bioactivity testing, process impurities, identity testing.
They work on commercial samples for both upstream and downstream.
Assays include: • Dot Blot • Elisa • PCR • Cell Culture • DNA • HCP
The Lab is focused on becoming more automated in the future to minimise manual variability so there is an opportunity to use new technology (e.g. Tecan pipette).
- Performs advanced tests and analyses to assure that products align with established specifications.
- Carries out complex calculations and documents test results.
- This is a volume driven position that that directly touches product.
- Compiles and analyses data on reoccurring product defects to determine root cause.
- Documents analysis results.
- Analyses raw material inspection logs for consistent failures.
- Notifies purchasing and quality departments about suppliers that have provided inferior products.
- Studies work processes, measurements and performance metrics to identify improvement areas.
- Recommends new or modified procedures based on findings.
- Collaborates with customers, suppliers and associates to define and improve quality standards and expectations. Participates on process improvement teams.
- Monitors and scrutinises internal and external complaints and compiles data to be used in reports.
- Performs analyses in order to achieve compliance with specifications using a wide variety of chemical, biological and physical standard procedures
- Attending daily meetings, working on own initiative.
- Testing and reviewing daily
- Training new analysts
- Always aim to meet site metrics
- Promoting 6S within the laboratories
What you'll need to succeed:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline
- experience held in a pharma company.
Experience and Skills:
- Cell culture experience necessary
- Cell bioassay and Process impurity testing experience required such as DNA, ELISA and HCP.
- Micro-pipetting techniques, serial dilution, aseptic techniques
- Proficient in Lab report writing.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1106655