Purchasing Manager | Cork | Permanent
Your new company
Your new company is an industry leader in the cladding manufacturing industry in Ireland. Your new company can manufacture all elements of a single skin building.
Your new role
In your new role you will be responsible for all resale and non-resale materials, plant, equipment and consumable. Your main duties will include:
- Manage and maintain a positive supply chain relationship.
- Review monthly spends by nominal code against budget and report on same to senior management.
- Organise and execute monthly stock take.
- Review total stock value monthly to develop an understanding of the optimum stock days in yard by each product
- Ensure that these items are bought at the most competitive market price
- Manage the adjustment of or addition of product stock codes and ensure that associated bill of materials are correct.
- Assist with valuing materials for sales team, special orders etc. as may be required.
- Review and approve order requisitions received from department managers/supervisors to ensure items are required and are being bought competitively.
- Ensure that incoming orders are received correctly.
- Ensure that material quality issues and quarantine are managed correctly and communicated effectively with the supply chain.
- Agree credit note values and ensure that they are received in respect to damaged material
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 3+ years in a buyer / procurement role.
- Ability to work full time on site
- Optional Degree in Supply Chain
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1102865