Project Worker – Advise and information – Wexford & Waterford
Your new company
A non-profit organisation that provides services for people who are homeless and people at risk of homelessness in are seeking a Project Worker to join their growing team on a permanent basis in Wexford and Waterford. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
Your new role
To work as part of the companies Advice and Information Service, to deliver a dedicated, advice, advocacy and support service to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
• Provide information, advice and advocacy on housing, legal rights, and social welfare entitlements to persons who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
• Undertake assessments and develop/implement support plans of people’s personal and accommodation situation needs.
• Liaise and advocate with relevant statutory authorities to support persons accessing the service.
• Manage a caseload and operate an open access drop in/phone/email service.
• Contact and establish links as appropriate with local services and relevant community groups.
• To refer people to external agencies which can more appropriately assist people with their personal, social, legal and accommodation needs.
• Work with and under the supervision and direction of the line management within the project.
• Work individually and as part of a team, and provide team support on daily basis
• Work within a client-centred approach, encouraging autonomy and independence.
• Be familiar with and comply with all relevant company policy e.g. Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Customer Complaints Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Personnel Policy.
• Maintain accurate records and statistics in accordance with company policy.
• Participate in the evaluation and development of the service.
• Liaise with and work co-operatively and effectively with the employees in the company in relation to organisational procedures and policies in areas of personnel, finance, administration, research, development, education, public awareness and services.
• Be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your Line Manager or Health & Safety representative.
• Attend and contribute to Team, Section and Agency meetings as required.
• Engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the Project Leader or Team Leader.
• Engage in Reflective Practice to support professional development.
• Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your Project Leader/Team Leader.
• Undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader.
• Work within the framework of the overall objectives of the company.
What you'll need to succeed
• Relevant third level degree in the area of social care i.e. youth work, social studies, addiction, psychology, law.
• At least 2 years’ experience in the social care or legal field
• Experience of supporting marginalised households with high risk and challenging behaviour
• A working knowledge of issues affecting people out-of-home and their impact on people and their physical, emotional and psychological development/status.
• Proven advocacy skills.
• Experience of dealing with child protection and welfare responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns.
• Experience in carrying out assessments, including risk assessments.
• Experience in developing support plans and carrying out reviews.
• Ability to work on own initiative, working alone and in a team setting.
• Ability to display flexibility in the role.
• Full clean driving licence desired
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for a non-profit organisation that provides services for people/ families who are homeless and people/ families at risk of homelessness as a Social Care Worker. You will be joining their growing team on a permanent contract. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1102773