Project Engineer required in Clare / mid west region for a 3-4 year civil project. Intermediate or senior
Your new company
Our client is involved in a unique construction project that will take 3-4 years to complete. As a result they are now seeking to recruit Project Engineers for the project site in the mid-west region. The site will have extensive remediation / excavation / ground-works over the next few years. The Project will involve the construction of Large Temporary Enclosures on Sheet piled foundations and the excavation and removal of over 100,000 tonnes of contaminated soil for remediation. This project is of a prestigious nature with significant Environmental and Health & Safety considerations being applied throughout the works. The duration of the works is programmed for 4 years and offers excellent opportunity for experienced candidates seeking employment on a long-term project. The role of Project Engineer will involve a combination of office and site based engineering activities, where you will be expected to produce reports, Risk Assessments & Method Statements while also ensuring that work packages are being executed as planned. You will monitor the progress and the quality of construction work and will make sure that the works are executed in a timely manner and in conformance with the relevant Design and appropriate contract. Role & Responsibilities
- Maintain daily site records of plant, labour and production
- Physical presence required at work fronts
- Support the Project Manager in completing the list of outstanding issues.
- Ensure RAMS & ITPs are completed in conjunction with progression of works
- Ensure NCRs and defects are actioned and closed out
- Regular liaison with Project Manager to ensure that subcontractor works are delivered.
- Consult where appropriate with company Health & Safety to ensure that all safety standards are followed.
- Monitor sub-contractors safety standards and ensure that they comply with company standards.
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, plus relevant experience.
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in Construction of large civil or building projects in Ireland or UK.
- Project planning experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Construction regulations.
- Thorough knowledge and relevant experience in the civil/construction industry and project engineering.
- Proficient at preparing reports
- Specialist knowledge in their expert domain
- Thorough knowledge (legal, technical, functional) of Construction management.
- English speaking & eligible to work in Ireland
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid Private Healthcare
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Employee saver scheme
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1101732