Project Design Engineer role with established Cork based Engineering Consultancy
Your new company
Your new company is an established Cork based Engineering Consultancy which provides Civil & Structural engineering services throughout all stages of project delivery from master-planning through full design and contact administration. They are working on a range of projects including Commercial, Retail, Residential, Hotel, Industrial and Educational builds.
Your new role
In this role you will work as a Project Design Engineer, working as part of a team of skilled and experienced engineers whilst liasing with clients, contractors and design teams. Your duties will include carrying out designs, inspections and working with design team members and contractors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Approximately 2–10 years post graduate experience in a consultancy role.
- A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (level 8 or higher).
- Engineers’ Ireland membership with an ambition to achieve Chartered Engineers status.
- Good communication skills, especially the ability to translate designs in to comprehensive drawing/information for construction.
- Experience of reinforced concrete design, structural steel, timber and masonry using the Eurocodes.
- Experience of design of sustainable urban drainage systems and general building drainage systems.
- Experience using Revit design software.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the relevant Technical Guidance Documents.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility for their own work and take the initiative when necessary.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communicator with fluent English.
- Have a full clean Irish driving licence.
What you'll get in return
- Medium-sized office environment.
- Friendly and positive working atmosphere.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salaries.
- Variety of projects.
- Paid professional memberships.
- Laptop and software subscriptions where appropriate.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Opportunities for further education and training.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.