Your new company
One of Ireland's most reputable Mechanical & Electrical Contractors with a strong pipeline of projects in Munster are now seeking a Mechanical Project Manager in Limerick to work on a large scale project.
For the right candidate an apartment can be offered as well as salary / package in excess of 100k.
Ideally you will have experience on pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre projects. They are currently adding a senior candidate to their team. They are also looking for a mechanical engineer and someone with design experience.
In your new role as Mechanical Project Manager you will be commercially aware, with strong piping / high purity experience and possess considerable mechanical contractor experience. You will ideally have experience of pharma or similar in previous roles. This is a permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
Your new role
The mechanical project manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Mechanical Piping / HVAC Projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
What you'll get in return
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with OM in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
- Archive project
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Project Manager
- Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project management experience 10 years+.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical pharmaceutical projects
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- Piping/HVAC and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience in Process Piping, BMS Systems, HVAC, Clean & Dirty Utilities Piping, is desirable.
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
You will get the chance to take full ownership of a project from inception to completion. You will be paid an excellent salary with benefits for this role. An apartment can be provided as well as an excellent salary / package in excess of €100k.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1084926