Mechanical Project Engineer required in Limerick. Process Piping and experience with a mechanical contractor.
Your new company
Due to ongoing expansion and investment in the Limerick region they are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer. The successful candidates will possess a blend of technical and soft skills required to succeed, have technical knowledge of mechanical engineering as well as the communication skills necessary to liaise with senior management of the project. You will have experience working in Ireland with a large mechanical contractor and should have experience of process piping and have worked on projects such as semi-conductor / pharma & medical devices / heavy industry.
• To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Subcontractors, etc).
• Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
• Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
• Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
• Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
• Management of the technical submittal, approvals
• Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
• Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
• Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
• Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
• Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
• Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
• Manage the Work packs process from development, implementation and handover
• Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
• Ensuring that all engineering and manufacturing processes are in keeping with the health and safety regulations.
• Supervising employees and processes and making appropriate recommendations for improvement.
• Liaising with clients and writing up reports to present to Directors and other relevant parties.
• Ensuring that each project stays within the allocated budget and timeframe.
• Scheduling meetings and training sessions when necessary.
• Coordinating with Client project Mgt. teams and contractors to ensure that designs meet legal and regulatory requirements.
• Providing technical support to construction team during the building phase of projects
• Identifying potential risks and developing plans to mitigate them
What you'll need to succeed
• 5+ years' experience working with a recognised Mechanical/ contractor in process mechanical / pipework
• Excellent organisational and project planning skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
• Experience with Project/Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
• Ability to manage workload and prioritise
• Strong leadership, organisational, and time management skill
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
• The ability to motivate people.
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary and career opportunities available and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107501