Mechanical Fitter, Public Sector, MAMF
Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join our client, a public sector infrastructure entity based in Inniscarra. This is a permanent, public sector role. Excellent salary and standard government salary benefits apply for this role.
Overall, the stations have a combined capacity of 27 MW. Inniscarra has two generating units: one produces 15 MW and the other produces 4 MW. Both units use Voith turbines with Brown Boveri generators, which operate under an average head of 30m. Carrigadrohid has one generating unit (Voith turbine/Siemens generator) with a capacity of 8 MW, operating under an average head of 13m. Lee stations are a high efficiency producer of renewable energy and are part of the government's goal of Net Zero by 2040.
The Mechanical Fitter will be required to work across all functional areas within the station including maintenance, operations, technical services, civil, supervision and contractor management. The successful candidate will be required to work to the level of their competence to carry out, their duties. They will be required to work autonomously, be flexible and be a self-starter, providing provide support to other teams and projects as required. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others is required.
The Hydro Team Member will work in a dynamic environment and to meet the business needs. The successful candidate will give and receive training as defined by plant management to attain and maintain competencies.
Duties of the role includes but may not be limited to:
· Delivery of work across all areas of the station, including maintenance, operations, civil, technical and support functions.
· Working safely, flexibly and to competence, as part of the overall team.
· All aspects of mechanical fitting work in a heavy mechanical work environment.
· Act as team leader in a ‘hands on’ capacity as required
· Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the CMMS.
· Management of maintenance teams and delivering of the full scope of projects
· Writing and implementing procedures and working instructions.
· Carry out authorized roles under the safety rules as required (Safe Systems of Work).
· Any other duties as required which may be assigned to you, from time to time, by your line manager.
· The successful candidate will be required on occasions to have flexible working hours including weekend and night working and be available for call-outs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and required to work as part of a close team in a Generating Station environment, interacting effectively with other station staff and contractors as necessary.
· Current / recent experience of hands-on industrial mechanical fitting in a heavy mechanical work environment including experience in turning, milling, welding and other workshop equipment
· Full B driving licence.
· Applicants must be proficient in the use of computer systems
· 2-5 years plant maintenance / operations experience or equivalent.
· Experience and Certification in the use of lifting / slinging equipment and manual handling.
· Experience in Maintenance, Environmental and Safety Management systems
· Plant technical services experience or equivalent.
· Plant Civil works experience or equivalent
· Staff and/or Contractor supervision experience or equivalent
· FAS / SOLAS / Senior Trade qualification in relevant disciplines (turning, milling, welding and other workshop equipment) or equivalent work experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1097182