Your new company
Our Client is an engineering consultancy in the mid-west region. They are seeking to recruit a Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in Limerick. They are flexible to remote / hybrid working with up to 3 days at home. The ideal candidate will have some previous design experience. The ideal candidate would have mechanical building services experience. Competence using AutoCAD, REVIT, and Navisworks exposure is a distinct advantage. They operate to BIM Level 2 with mentoring & training provided. Junior & senior level candidates will be considered as they have more than one vacancy.
Mechanical Design Engineers in their company:
- Provide detailed and accurate mechanical design calculations.
- Manage the balance between specifications and drawings to achieve optimal quality and budget ratio for a client.
- Prepare schematics and coordinate designs into installation drawings, including but not limited to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Specialist Gas, Water Services, Drainage and Fire Suppression Systems, collaborating as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Assist in the tender and contract preparation and documentation, compile specifications for Mechanical Services and Installations
- Prepare and review construction submittals, carry out tests and perform, witness, and document inspections following approved procedures.
- Manage and monitor mechanical system installation quality, conduct site surveys and inspections and ensure onsite contractors meet strict quality expectations.
- Liaise and act as a point of contact with Public Utility providers, local authorities and the rest of the team to ensure timely service delivery.
- Support and coach junior engineers/graduates.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering recognised in Ireland.
- Minimum 1 years of post-qualification design experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant industry standards and codes of practice.
- Mechanical design software competence.
You will increase your chances if you:
- Have 1 years of experience in Mechanical design and project management in the industrial sector.
- Extensive experience designing advanced medical device and food & drink manufacturing facilities.
- You are chartered or working towards chartership.
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable design and the ability to apply it in your work.
- Attractive salary, VHI Health Cover, Death in Service Cover, access to PRSA Pension, Travel Expenses
- What you need to do now
- If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career