Mechanical Engineer & Mechanical BIM Engineer required in Galway/Limerick by large mechanical contractor.
Your new company
Our Client is one of Ireland’s leading mechanical contracting companies. They have an extensive list of ongoing projects across Ireland and have multiple projects secured for 2023 & 2024. They are now seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical BIM technician and a QS in Galway & Limerick. Candidates of various levels of experience will be considered.
Your new company specialises in the installation of Mechanical services. Based in the west of Ireland, they have extensive experience in large scale mechanical construction works across the country.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- The role of Mechanical Project Engineer will be to assist the Project Manager and the Mechanical Construction Manager in managing and coordinating company Health & Safety, Quality and Commissioning activities on a large construction site with all project Stakeholders (Vendors / Mechanical Foremen/ Direct labour/ Specialist Sub-contractors, the Main Contractor, the Design Team and Client representatives).
- Controlling and tracking the flow of project information and documentation from Design / Scope Creep Management (Change Identification) / Installation Drawing & As-Built Drawing Red-Lining / Asset Tagging and Asset Tag Register Management/ Snag List Distribution and Close-Out Status / Test Pack Tracking and Recording / O&M Manual Uploading
- Assisting the Mechanical Project team by providing detailed sketches / layout drawings / schematics / P&IDs / Co-Ordinated Drawings / Sections / Builderswork Drawings for Work Packages
- Assist the development of installation and commissioning plans & programmes, including site-specific RAMs and commissioning test packs
- Assist the Management of Vendor and Specialist Sub-Contractor project activities and Work Package Installation and Commissioning Documentation and H&S RAMs, including:
o Vendor Plant Start-Ups (AHUs / Boilers / Pumps etc)
o HVAC/ DW144 Ventilation Ductwork (Cleanliness / Pressure Testing / Ancillary Equipment Installation / QA Installation Check Sheets etc)
o Building Management Systems (Functional Description of Systems / Points Lists / MCC Panel Schematics / Frontend Graphics / Test & Check Sheets / Commissioning etc)
o Air Conditioning Systems (Pressure Testing / Charging and Commissioning / Control / Flood Testing etc)
o Thermal Insulation Teams (Thickness / Application / Vapour Barrier Inspections / Labelling etc)
o Specialist Welding Teams (Welder Qualifications / Weld Log / Weld Isos / NDTs etc)
o 3rd-Party Air & Water Balancing Specialists (AHUs / FCUs / Fans / HRUs / CHW & LPHW Pumps)
o 3rd-Party Pipe Cleaning & Sterilising Specialists (CHW & LPHW Systems / Domestic Water Systems)
- Assist Track and Record Progress Reports
- Assist Track and Report on Various QA / EHS / Procurement / RFI Schedules and Matrices
• Mechanical Engineering / Building Services / Energy Engineering Degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS office, AutoCAD and BIM/ Revit
• Must have a desire to learn, work in a team environment, and have a positive attitude.
• Full clean driving licence and permit to work in Ireland.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1084165