Immediate opportunity to join finance function of a Cork City based Research Centre in a broad Hybrid role.
Your new company
This Institute is a leading European deep-tech research centre in Information and Communications Technology hardware and systems. Based in Cork City centre, it is a global leader in research enabled by over 600 researchers, engineers and support staff. Having first worked with the organisation over 20 years ago, I can ensure you that this is great environment to work within and offers excellent job satisfaction.
Your new role
You will work closely with the Finance Manager in supporting the financial accounting function in the preparation of financial statements, management accounts, and financial reports.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, financial statements and reports.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manage the purchasing approval process and the the travel and expenses approval process
- Prepare and assist with costings for projects
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial analyses.
- Assist with the year-end audit process
- Contribute to the development and improvement of financial systems and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
We need a Qualified Accountant, ACA, Chartered, CPA, ACCA, CIMA
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and under own initiative.
What you'll get in return
Working in a Hybrid position with a standard 35 hour working week. Salary of €55k+ is on offer. Grade 6
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray. #1103131