Your new company
Established in 1998 and Headquartered in Dublin, this company employs over 90 people at various offices and treatment plants in Ireland and the UK. Regarded as one of Ireland’s largest water service operators, their mission is to reliably supply wholesome and clean drinking water at the customer’s tap, treat wastewater to the highest EU standards to safeguard public health, and protect our environment. Innovation, efficiency, and reliability underpin all of our business activities but so also does our awareness of the need to recover and reuse resources and our commitment to ensure that their operations activities should be environmentally sustainable. Their hands-on expertise extends from Advanced Digestion, CHP & Energy Management, Facility Services, Utility Management, Water Metering Services, Asset Maintenance to MEICA Design & Construction. They consistently deliver cost-effective, Operations & Maintenance solutions to Water Utility and Industrial clients, through their innovative Lean 6-sigma approach and accredited integrated management systems.
Your new role
To provide expertise on all electrical systems, and problem solving/fault finding of electrical systems & equipment throughout the site to secure the continuous operation of site.
Your main duties will be :
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical components, panels and systems
- Install and maintain industrial communication systems, heavy duty electrical equipment
- Perform quality testing and inspections
- Wire up, gland, terminate pumps, motors, VSDs, circuit boards and panels, install new conduits, trays, ladder and pull new cables where necessary
- Recording of all activities on CMMS
- Provide out of hours support to plant operations during plant start-up, running and shutdown activities
- Participate in on-call rota
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Maintenance Engineer.
- The position of Maintenance Electrician requires flexibility and availability as demanded by the needs of a continuous plant and process. You will be part of an on-call system providing electrical cover and as a result, after-hours and weekend interaction with the plant will be a routine aspect of the job.
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment where priorities may change regularly.
- Problem solving and fault finding with MV/LV AC and LC DC switchgear and distribution systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5 years relevant electrical experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Electrical National Craft Certificate essential.
- Very strong fault diagnosis & solving experience
- Ability to read complex electrical drawings and P&IDs
- Specific experience with Rockwell / Allen Bradley Control Systems and PLCs, Endress and Hauser and ABB instrumentation, Auma actuators is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of ATEX zoned areas is also advantageous
What you'll get in return
- A starting salary of €50,000-€55,000 plus overtime.
- Performance related bonus of up to 5% of salary and an on call rate of €20 per day whilst on call.
- Core working hours: Monday-Thursday 07:30 am- 4 pm Friday 07:30 am – 3 pm
- Very considerable overtime rates that double after midnight, Sundays and bank holidays if required.
- 23 days annual leave plus all the Irish bank holidays
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme after 6 months service with the company.
- The company also encourages staff to personally develop.
- They have internal training such as MEWP, First Aid, Manual Handling, Safe Pass etc.
- If staff are particularly keen on further studying for technical and engineering qualifications they also fund too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1094601