Junior Project Engineer
Your new company
Hays recruitment are looking for a Junior Project Engineer. Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty self-clinch fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value added products and services. They are responsible for the design, development, and commercialization of innovative fastening solutions for European and global markets. You would be joining a company with an 80+ year history as the innovative leader of the fastening industry. They are continuing to expand and are growing their team to continue to deliver their high-quality industry knowledge and customer service.
Your new role
You will be joining our client as a Junior Project Engineer. This fulltime position within the Applications Engineering Team requires a self-motivated individual that can manage plans that will meet project objectives while adhering to an agreed budget and timeline. This role involves overseeing all projects from start to finish.
The Project engineer duties will include defining the project's scope, accessing the necessary resources to complete it, anticipating time and financial requirements, communicating to all stakeholders, and controlling project documentation. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large company during a period of expansion. Communicate with all business levels of support functions including management.
· Generate project development, manufacturing, testing and validation costs related to a project.
· Setup and review project feasibility with senior management cross functional team for project Go/No-Go review.
· Coordinate feedback to customer of design proposal and feasibility review.
· Coordinate the project design and development activities within the business including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Installation equipment dept.
· Support sales activity for with technical calls and possible customer visits related to a project as and when required.
· Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
· Coordinate project validation review, signoff, project closure and handover of project to manufacturing with cross functional team.
· Continually monitor project progress against budget and schedule to ensure development is within budget and key milestones and timelines are met.
· Continually monitor project development for possible areas of improvement and cross reference project and customer requirements against manufacturing capabilities.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will a proven track record in an Engineering role. For a dynamic, self-driven person who is enthusiastic and willing to learn in a forward-thinking atmosphere, this is an amazing opportunity. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of proven experience in project management. Third level degree in Project Management or equivalent is essential. Project management skills with a proven track record solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team is highly desirable. Proficient with project management software such as Microsoft Project. Experience with engineering tools such as SPC and business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
Top performers should have experience with solid modelling software (Pro/E Creo preferred) and Finite Element Analysis, desirable. Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment). Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately. Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications and flexibility to allow time for travel is a key aspect of this role.
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will get to work for a large company that is a leader in its field. You will get flexible hours of Mon – Thur 7am – 3.30pm & 7am – 2.30pm on Fridays. You will get a competitive salary of circa 33k. This position requires you to be onsite full time. VHI Healthcare and 20 days annual leave also come with the role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103688