Junior EHS Advisor required for large pharma construction project in the mid west / Limerick region.
Your new company
Our Client is a large construction company with projects across Ireland. They are now seeking to recruit a Junior Environmental, Health & Safety Officer that has relevant experience on large construction projects. They have an immediate requirement for a large project in Limerick. A generous salary will be provided to the successful applicant.
The role will be supported by the Site Management Team and also by the H&S Manager. The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Provide professional support and advice to the Site Management Teams and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Carry out Site Inspections
- Assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
- Produce HSEQ performance reports as required.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Assist and liaise with external bodies e.g. enforcing agencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Health & Safety on construction sites in Ireland.
- Good academic qualifications, 3rd Level qualification in Health & Safety.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification in related subject.
- Member of a relevant professional institute.
- Health & Safety Training in industry issues.
- Computer literate. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
- Full driving licence.
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to work on some high profile large construction projects in the mid-west of Ireland. Excellent remuneration will be offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103258