Health & Safety Officer required to work on large construction projects. Remote Work & Office based options
Your new company
Our client is one of the largest contracting businesses in Ireland, working with private and public sector clients across residential, commercial, and industrial markets. They are a multi-disciplinary contracting business, with the skills and expertise to deliver complex projects. Their are specialists in street lighting, electric vehicle (EV) charging installations, as well as cutting-edge smart city technology. They have an important role to play in connecting, sustaining, and renewing critical infrastructure across both the UK and Ireland.
As the Safety Health & Environmental (SHE) Advisor you will provide support for their management teams and their operations. You will cover multiple depot locations within Ireland
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- SHE support and advice for the Ireland business
- Monitoring SHE performance
- Reporting to operational management on good performance / best practice as well as deficiencies and areas of weakness identified.
- Provision of key support with regards to the development and implementation of improvement actions, initiatives, and plans.
- SHE guidance / assistance to the Operational Management Teams.
- SHE Support for bid teams – simple PQQs and tactical responses
- Active role within the set up and mobilisation of regional new contracts, depots, and acquisitions
- Assisting in the development of locally required risk assessments, method statements and SHE plans including CDM Construction Phase Plans
- Support role in the development and implementation of SHE Management Systems for the broader business
- Be visible and known to the operations supported
- Conducting suitable and effective SHE Compliance monitoring activities (audit / engagements) and tracking the completion of all corrective action.
- Support role SHE Compliance monitoring activities for the broader business
- Monitoring and tracking SHE compliance information (lead and lagging indicators) for trends etc. highlighting concerns and providing key support in the development and implementation of improvement actions, initiatives and plans.
- Active role in the development and publication of SHE communications
- Involvement in worker consultation through attendance at Local SHE Groups (LSG) and SHE engagements
- Report on activities, local performance and improvement actions, initiatives and plans regularly
- Support role with the external accreditation and client audits
- Support role at business and depot level review meetings
- Providing support for accident / incident investigations.
- Tracking accident / incident reports to ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations are appropriate and are fully implemented
- Taking a lead / impartial role in investigating serious / significant accidents and incidents
- Liaising with management in relation to the notification of accidents / incidents and dangerous occurrences.
You should be an excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation & possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks.
We are looking for a candidate who has a graduate qualification in SHE, such as a Level 8 Higher Diploma in OSH or equivalent industry experience and an Environmental qualification. Ideally, you will be a member of IOSH or equivalent, or looking to gain chartered status through continuous professional development. You should have had considerable experience in drafting clear, unambiguous technical documentation and be trained in incident investigation.
- Knowledge and application of SHE management principles and best practice within an operational arena
- Level 8 Higher Diploma in OSH or equivalent as a minimum. Also industry experience and an Environmental qualification. Associate / Tech / Grad Member of IOSH and IEMA desirable.
- IT Skills – capable use of Microsoft Office software suit (word, excel etc.) and ability to interact with company systems
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1095302