H&S Officer required in Mayo. Office based role with some site visits overseeing construction projects.
Your new company
Large specialist mechanical contractor with projects nationwide. They are now seeking an H&S Officer.
Your new role
H&S Officer / Advisor to work on various projects working alongside several project teams. You will implement and maintain the company management system for the projects. The role is to coordinate all EHS Matters within various Project Management Teams and to report constructively all EHS matters to the Project Manager. You will be responsible for providing support to the Project Managers, supervisors and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day EHS requirements of the assigned project.
- The role will be office based with some trips to site and the role will ensure that the EHS management systems for all the projects under their stewardship are implemented and maintained.
- Provide advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day EHS requirements of the projects.
- Carry out audits, inspections & incident investigation reports, establishes corrective and preventive actions to prevent re-occurrence and continuous improvements.
- Prepare in conjunction with the site teams EHS Plans, RAMS and other associated site documents.
- Participate in Site meetings, report on business EHS risks, trends and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ Years’ Experience in similar industry. Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical preferable
- Experience with pharmaceutical, manufacturing and working in existing client live environments.
- Experience with Construction Regulations & roles, and experience working with sub-contractors.
- Minimum Cert to NVQ 6 in Occupational H&S.
- Safe Pass
- Full Driving License
- Ability to work with client / main contractor Safety and Project teams.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-Mail
- IOSH Member
- Manual Handling
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103049