Exceptional opportunity with a Private company as the GM of its manufacturing facility on West side Cork City
Your new company
This is a succession planning role to take over as the General Manager on the manufacturing site of a private manufacturing company on the West side of Cork. Its very much a “Hands On“ role. You will work with a very profitable company that is long established in Cork, has an engaged, long serving staff and the reputation as a great employer. Its products are in high demand, when you enter the building and walk the factory floor, you quickly realise you are dealing with a great company.
Your new role
You will manage and be responsible for upto 60 employees, leading sales, engineering and production, and ensuring all KPl's are met in a fast paced manufacturing facility.
You will be the Irish Operations representative in the groups global cross-functional team that is focused on manufacturing and selling state of art bespoke products to the worlds best known organisations.
You will be directly responsible and accountable for meeting KPl's on: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Motivation of employees. There is a a strong focus on continuous improvement, together with leading and inspiring teams to perform at peak level consistently and continuously.
Your role will also involve the following.
- Lead by example, creating and maintaining a strong work culture in which people work together enthusiastically and co-operatively to produce outstanding results.
- Coach the supervisors and in doing so, focus a lot of time on supporting, improving, training and sparring.
- The agreed KPl's are the guiding principle in this respect.
- Responsible for a skilled operations team by enabling proper training and development.
- Analyse and evaluate production reports.
- Discuss the results and the actions to be undertaken with the team leaders.
- Responsible for drawing up and realising the annual budget.
- Reviewing the budget on monthly bases with the necessary actions.
- Take decisions on sales, planning, machinery, and personnel deployment.
- Achieve business objectives with collaboration with internal departments and other group sites.
- Monitor and make proposals in the production capacity and workflow level.
- Work closely with other operations managers and business owners on different projects, like implementation of new processes, improvement of processes and related changes, or new products.
- Constantly focusing and adapting the organization on changing business needs for the short and long term.
- Deliver the groups management plans and strategies into concrete actions.
What you'll need to succeed
Foremost a "People Manager" with outstanding leadership and team building skills.
- You must be a strong leader and manager who inspires, influences, guides and directs people in the attainment to deliver results.
- Extensive experience in operations management in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Highly result oriented and delivery focused, a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Strong collaborator who can create alignment across teams and functions.
- Initiative to grow and develop the teams and the production facility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary together with full benefits package. Your experience will determine the exact package with the prospect to include: Pension Plan, Health Plan, Company Car + more.
This is a key strategic job within the company and you will have a significant growth and development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray now on 0831009449. Vincent will require a full CV to proceed with your application. #1098893