Take ownership of the Finance function with a solid SME company in Cork as the Financial Controller.
Your new company
You will work with an SME company just outside Cork City. The Company was established over 30 years ago and is now one of the largest producers or its products in Ireland. The company has grown through significant investment in resources and technology resulting in the creation of an innovative, modern, purpose built manufacturing facility and support functions. The company has ambitious growth plans to add to its 100+ employee number. It is a great company to work for and you will feel part of something special.
Your new role
You will work on the manufacturing site and be involved the smooth running of the financial management of the company and the finance team, providing regular and reliable financial information to the company directors. Reporting directly to the General Manager where the information you supply forms the basis of key decision-making within the business.
- Managing the finance and accounting functions and department across all areas including AP, AR, cash forecasting, payroll and treasury.
- Full ownership of financial reporting, from monthly management accounts to statutory financial statements, including the co-ordination of Statutory Audits
- Responsibility for tax compliance and reporting, covering VAT, PAYE and corporation tax
- Annual budgeting and planning process with the finance department
- Developing an internal and financial control framework that supports effective decision making as the business grows.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement, cost efficiencies, business intelligence, process automation across the organisation as we scale.
- Provide support and data analysis to the General Manager and the Company Directors on strategic and commercial decision-making.
- Create strong business partnerships and manage service levels with third party service providers.
- External Auditors - Prepare for annual audit and manage all elements of the audit through to signoff.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified Accountant (ACA, Chartered, CIMA, CPA, ACCA) with at least 5 years PQ experience in industry is essential.
- Proven track record of managing a team successfully
- A team player and the ability to wear many hats, you will be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
- Commercial awareness
- Planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a competitive salary upto 75k and benefits such as Pension, working with a great company that offers strong career prospects. The General Manager is great to deal with, has a friendly demeanour and creates a collaborative environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1102265