Great time to join this Public Sector organisation, based in Cork City with Hybrid working option available.
Your new company
You will work with a Public Sector organisation in Cork City in a hybrid role. I have worked with this organisation for over 10 years and it has a great reputation, its dynamic and has a stable staff with lots of experience whom will mentor and coach you. Its always been a great experience to recruit for this organisation. It is definitely work considering this opportunity. Full Spec and details are available up on request.
Your new role
You will work with a team with responsibility for month end reporting for fixed assets, monthly financial reporting, supporting statutory reporting and contractual reporting or other stakeholder reporting. The role requires technical accounting expertise, excellent systems experience combined with solid experience in a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform fixed asset accounting for the organisation and its subsidiaries.
- Complete the period end close procedures for fixed assets, including additions, disposals, running depreciation and create accounting.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare fixed asset disclosures for inclusion in the interim and annual statutory financial statements.
- Support the delivery of the annual statutory financial statements.
- Prepare financial reports including Cost Centre Reporting, opex grants, stakeholder reporting and support for commercial contracts and billing.
- Complete the full period end close process for designated cost centres.
- Prepare manual journals for uploading (accruals etc.), review the journal uploads prior to posting, monitor automated journal uploads and correcting errors in automated journals.
- Generate intercompany reports on a monthly basis and investigate differences arising.
- Complete quarterly intercompany billing.
- Interface with the IT area to address challenges / issues in journals.
- Perform reconciliations in line with period close deadlines, such as balance sheet reconciliations within the approved timelines.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, Chartered, CIMA, CPA or ACCA) with industry experience. Strong excel and ERP experience is necessary to succeed.
What you'll get in return
Earning a Salary up to €57,000 with full benefits. This is a hybrid working model with a degree of flexibility regarding start/finish times.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Vincent Murray now on 021 2129483.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1095007